Shawn Seliger has dedicated most of his life to helping others. He’s worked hard all his life for the people and causes that he cared about to preserve our treasured freedoms and liberty. He has relied on deep inner strengths to empower those who have crossed his path throughout his lifetime who needed steady guidance through very difficult personal struggles.
The Law Offices of Shawn Seliger was founded to serve individuals in Southwest Florida who are facing family and personal challenges, financial hardships of foreclosure, landlord/tenant issues or criminal charges. Hiring an experienced lawyer who has been in the trenches helping so many others for years is your best defense to life’s legal and personal challenges.
Shawn Seliger graduated from the University of California – Davis with an A.B. in Political Science in 1993. Before pursuing a career in law, he served as an inner city high school teacher at George Washington Preparatory High School in South Central Los Angeles. While there, he made a difference in the lives of many disadvantaged students. He formed a student court that taught inner city children the positive aspects of our judicial system, served as an Impact Drug and Alcohol Counselor, and worked closely with members of the California Department of Corrections to promote prevention of juvenile crime and substance abuse.
Ready to pursue a career in law, Shawn graduated from Southern Illinois University School of Law in 2001, where he excelled in legal debate and won high honors in the John J. Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition at Seton Hall University in 2001. While in law school, he served as a research assistant for family law Professor Rebecca J. O’Neill and as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Paul S. Murphy, First Judicial Circuit of Illinois.
Following law school, Shawn served as a Certified Legal Intern and then as an Assistant State Attorney. From 2003 to 2005, he served as an Assistant Public Defender in both Charlotte and Lee Counties for over two years. Prior to founding the Law Offices of Shawn Seliger, Mr. Seliger was in private legal practice for over five years at the Bergermann & Seliger Law Firm.
Today, Shawn Seliger concentrates his legal practice in the areas of family and marital law, real estate law and criminal defense. Shawn is also very actively involved in numerous civic and legal organizations, generously giving to help his community and make it an even greater place to live.
Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2001.
University of California – Davis, A.B. in Political Science 1993.
- Admitted to the State of Florida Bar (2002).
- Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2002).(Inactive)
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2002).
- Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (2004).
- The Florida Bar.
- Lee County Bar Association.
- Association of Family Law Professionals – Past Member.
- American Inn of Court, Michael R. N. McDonnell American Inn of Court, Master of the Bench.
- Leadership Lee County Graduate, Class of 2006.
PRESENT/PAST COMMUNITY SERVICE INCLUDES
- American Cancer Society, Lee County Unit, Board of Directors.
- Event Chairman, 2010 Fort Myers Relay for Life.
- 2011 Cattle Baron’s Ball, Sponsorship Co-Chairman.
- Bonita Springs-Estero Economic Development Council – Past Member.
- 2011-2013 Collier County Foreclosure Task Force.
- Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce.
- HOPE Clubhouse, Board of Directors, Past Vice President.
- Legal Aid Service of Collier County, Advisory Board – Past President.
- Lee County Coalition for a Drug-Free Southwest Florida, Board of Directors.
- Lee Mental Health Center, Board of Directors, Past Secretary.
- Voices for Kids of Southwest Florida, Immediate Past President.
- United Way of Lee County, Allocations Team Member