Domestic violence toward partners or children unfortunately remains an all-too-common occurrence in Fort Myers, as it does in many communities around the world. If you or someone you love is the victim of domestic violence there are steps you can take to find protection and ease the fear of the situation. Getting in contact with a Fort Myers domestic violence attorney can help you understand your options and guide you toward the best course of action.

Call the Authorities

If there is imminent danger present then the first course of action should always be to seek safe shelter and call the police. Before worrying about any of the legal options in terms of a Fort Myers restraining order or the ramifications for the abuser, it is important to ensure that the victims are safe and protected. The police can help to safely remove the victims or take away the abuser in order to protect those in need. The next step should be to file a Fort Myers Restraining Order or a Lee County Domestic Violence Injunction. It is always a wise decision to have an experienced Fort Myers domestic violence lawyer representing you.

Seek Support Groups

One of the top suggestions from a domestic violence attorney in Fort Myers is to seek out counseling and support groups. Meeting with others who have experienced domestic violence can help you to understand your situation, and they can often offer advice from their own personal experience to help you find your best route moving forward.

Find a Fort Myers Domestic Violence Attorney

The law around domestic violence is complicated and it is important to make sure that your interests are being looked out for professionally. A Fort Myers domestic violence attorney can help you understand all of your options, to find the best plan for you. Having an attorney may also significantly improve your chances during any legal action such as filing for a restraining order, so you should always contact one for a consultation. Contact us today for more information and a free phone consultation at (239) 333-0077 or fill out the online contact form here.